About me

I am originally from Sweden but live and work in Houston, TX. I am a 23 year old English teacher who loves fashion. I enjoy thrift shopping and bargain hunting when I can find space in my closet to add more clothes to the madness it already is. Style is similar to language arts; it's a way to express ideas. Like writing, style is an extension of yourself. It is a representation of who you want to be and believe yourself to be.

Sunday, August 10, 2014

Seven dollar dress keeping me cool







Dress: Goodwill (US)
Shoes: Birkenstock (US)
Necklace: Zara, on sale (Sweden)

Houston is hot. Houston is humid. I can't wear fitted clothes if I'm going to be outside this week. Today is an errand type of day. Even though we drive a lot in Houston, going from store to store can still be hot and uncomfortable, especially with a black leather interior. This dress is wonderful for many reasons: the print is summery and speaks for itself (why I didn't accessorize much), it is loose and barely touches my body - great for the humidity where I live, and it was $7. I bought this dress at Goodwill. It was a regular Goodwill (not my favorite, outlet type of Goodwill). I find that Goodwill's prices have gone up in recent years. I don't usually buy clothes at thrift stores unless they are less than $5, but I made an exception for this gem. 

I love that the dress has big pockets along with the loose fit. I can keep my keys, wallet, and phone in my pockets without it looking lumpy. This was truly an ideal errand outfit. 

The necklace is from Zara, and I bought it on sale about a year ago. I love that guy! My students always compliment odd pieces like that necklace.  

No comments:

Post a Comment