About me

I am originally from Sweden but live and work in Houston, TX. I am a 23 year old English teacher who loves fashion. I enjoy thrift shopping and bargain hunting when I can find space in my closet to add more clothes to the madness it already is. Style is similar to language arts; it's a way to express ideas. Like writing, style is an extension of yourself. It is a representation of who you want to be and believe yourself to be.

Monday, August 11, 2014

Casual look for a day of moving things around in the classroom







Shirt: Gina Tricot, on sale (Sweden)
Shorts: H&M (US)
Shoes: Birkenstock (US)
Earrings: Forever 21 (US)
Watch: Michael Kors, gift (US)
Bracelet: SOS Barnbyar, gift (Sweden)
Bag: Primark (France)

I am working a bit early, moving things around in my classroom and moving the Goodwill bookshelf into my classroom. I have time to do this during the week before school starts, but I like to be well prepared in advance. You never know what will pop up the week before school starts!

Since the building is pretty dead today, and I'm technically not working, I decided that extra casual was okay. I wanted to be comfortable; I always want to be comfortable. 

I recently went through my jewelry stash and found these earrings I haven't seen in a while. Don't you love when that happens? One earring says "yes" and the other says "no". I think these are hilarious. I wore these a lot when I bought them a year ago. My students at the time always asked why one of my earrings said "yes" or "no" (because they couldn't see the other one), and my answer was to turn my head and show them the other one, as if that answered their question. They're a fun conversation starter. 

I love the look of ripped jean shorts, but they aren't appropriate a lot of the time. I was excited to find these boyfriend style shorts! They are mid thigh length and loose fitting, a good alternative. 


No comments:

Post a Comment