About me

I am originally from Sweden but live and work in Houston, TX. I am a 23 year old English teacher who loves fashion. I enjoy thrift shopping and bargain hunting when I can find space in my closet to add more clothes to the madness it already is. Style is similar to language arts; it's a way to express ideas. Like writing, style is an extension of yourself. It is a representation of who you want to be and believe yourself to be.

Wednesday, August 13, 2014

And a kimono for confidence








Dress: H&M (Sweden)
Kimono: Forever 21 (US)
Shoes: Kohl's (US)
Necklace (chain): Market (Mexico)
Necklace (charm): SOS Barnbyar (Sweden)
Earrings: Forever 21 (US)

Sometimes t-shirt dresses can be too form fitting and make me feel a bit insecure. This dress is pretty loose and comfortable, but I wasn't feeling it on its own today. It was just one of those days when you look in the mirror and feel like nothing is working for you; everything - even clothing - is against you. That was my morning. Thankfully, I have plenty of kimonos for days like these. Kimonos say that you are trendy, the loose fabric is cool enough for Houston heat, and you feel like your insecurities are covered up by the fit. I couldn't be a bigger fan. 

Usually I don't buy pieces that are $30 at Forever 21. This kimono is an exception. It was right around $30 and has been worth every penny. I love the print and colors, and the length is easy to wear. 

This book is my current read. I thought I would throw it in with my details because reading is a big part of my day, and I am an English teacher. This book just happened to match my outfit. I have read half of it so far and haven't read anything like it before. I am spending my last week of summer vacation reading as much as I can. Maybe I'm spending so much time with my books that they are starting to inspire my wardrobe.



No comments:

Post a Comment