About me

I am originally from Sweden but live and work in Houston, TX. I am a 23 year old English teacher who loves fashion. I enjoy thrift shopping and bargain hunting when I can find space in my closet to add more clothes to the madness it already is. Style is similar to language arts; it's a way to express ideas. Like writing, style is an extension of yourself. It is a representation of who you want to be and believe yourself to be.

Thursday, July 31, 2014

Denim dress and Birkenstocks in a gradual fog





Dress: Promod (France)
Bag: Mango, on sale (Sweden)
Shoes: Birkenstock (US)
Watch: Michael Kors, gift (US)

This was one hot morning in Houston. I didn’t have long to take pictures, so I didn’t take the time to find the solution to my fog problem. The lens gradually blurred from the heat and humidity outside, like a mirror after a hot shower. I decided that gradually blurry pictures were going to have to be the artistic way of how I’m showing the clothes today. 

Moving on from camera problems…

This dress is one of the oldest, most worn items in my closet. I have had it for over five years, and I have worn it countless times in those five years. I love light wash denim dresses, and this is the one I come back to even after buying another style. It’s perfect. It is perfect for Houston’s summer heat, since it isn’t fitted. It is flattering and comfortable. I bought it when I tagged along on one of my dad's business trips. He had business in Cannes and Nice, not the cheapest cities in the world. Since dad was working, I spent my days on the beach or trying to shop. I say trying because I bought three dresses the entire trip and nothing else. That is unlike me to just buy three things during a trip. The reason was the prices. I couldn't justify buying more than the pieces I did. I bought this dress, and it was worth every penny since I wear it all the time five years later. The other two pieces are a staple little white dress and a staple little black dress - justified purchases. 

This bag was a purchase I made last year on my birthday, so it recently turned 1. I love that it’s a summery red color, and spices up a plain feeling outfit.

No comments:

Post a Comment