About me

I am originally from Sweden but live and work in Houston, TX. I am a 23 year old English teacher who loves fashion. I enjoy thrift shopping and bargain hunting when I can find space in my closet to add more clothes to the madness it already is. Style is similar to language arts; it's a way to express ideas. Like writing, style is an extension of yourself. It is a representation of who you want to be and believe yourself to be.

Saturday, August 2, 2014

Floral kimono, cut off shorts, and slider sandals for an errand filled day







Shirt: Styles For Less, on sale (US)
Kimono: Ross (US)
Shorts: Calvin Klein, thrifted & cut (US)
Shoes: H&M (US)
Necklace: Swatch, gift (Sweden)

When styling Kimonos that are printed like this one, I like to wear a simple combination. The print on this kimono has a lot going on, so I wanted to give it a plain backdrop. I love the kimono trend and am wearing them all the time. Working as a teacher, it's always good to have pieces to throw on over a dress where the straps aren't school appropriate or a top that may not be. Kimonos are great cover ups and jazz up anything you have going on. 

These shorts were such a steal! I found them at a thrift store and couldn't believe they were $4. They aren't too tight, and I like the color of the denim. I eyeballed where I wanted to cut them - not to shortest I could've gone - and cut away. After cutting jeans to make them shorts, you should throw them in the washer and dryer to fray them. 


No comments:

Post a Comment